Kean’s Store Company has been family owned since 1928 (over 90 years) and is a staple in downtown Mason.
In 1928, Gus Kean and his wife Fern opened Kean’s 5 cent to 1 dollar store. Gus doubled the floor space in 1935. Then again in 1963 doubling space again to 4,500 square feet.
In 1997, Warner Kean; Gus and Fern’s son, purchased 400 S. Jefferson street from Jack Davis Men’s Clothing. The Kean family now owned the whole block, including what is going to be the future home of Risen Breakfast & Bakery.
In 2000, Teresa Wren (Kean); Granddaughter of Gus Kean, takes over management, and purchases the business and properties from her father Warner Kean.
To this day, Teresa runs the store with daughter, Meggie, and a wonderful team by her side!